The NSW Government’s Storm and Flood Disaster Recovery Small Business Grant will help small businesses and not-for-profit organisations recover from the recent storms and floods.
Eligible businesses and not-for-profit organisations directly impacted by the storms and floods can apply for grants of up to $50,000 to help pay for costs of clean-up and reinstatement of their organisation’s operations.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible, applicants:
- must be a small business or not-for-profit organisation in a defined disaster area
- have suffered direct damage
- be primarily responsible for meeting the costs they are claiming
- be intending to re-establish their small business or
- not-for-profit organisation within the same area
- who are a small business, have held an ABN and engaged in carrying on the small business at the time of the floods in the defined disaster area, or
- who are a not-for-profit organisation, be registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC) or an equivalent state regulatory body and have held that registration at the time of the eligible disaster.
Businesses affected by the storms and floods in February 2021 to April 2021 may be eligible for the flood disaster recovery small business grant for these events. Applications for this grant are open until 18 March 2022
Primary producers may be eligible for financial assistance. The Rural Assistance Authority provides more information on the financial assistance available to primary producers.
How to apply
To view the full eligibility criteria and apply, visit https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/transaction/apply-storms-and-flood-disaster-recovery-small-business-grant